COVID-19 OPERATIONS UPDATE
PROFESSIONAL HANDS MASSAGE THERAPY IS HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO REOPEN. HOWEVER, CMTBC HAS PROVIDED AN OUTLINE OF PROTOCOL. WE ARE REQUIRED TO INFORM YOU OF THE STEPS THAT WE WILL BE TAKING IN OUR OFFICE.
Please understand that while some of the new protocols may seem onerous, we are required by our governing body to take these steps.
Self-assess for symptoms and return when healthy:
For patients and RMTs
- The day before your appointment, please take a moment to do the quick self-assessment tool for Covid 19. Click here for the website
- While we have taken measures to minimize risk of viral transmission, the nature of massage therapy means that physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room. We will take a moment to screen upon your arrival.
- If you feel ill, you must cancel your appointment. There is no penalty for cancelling.
- We have removed excessive seating in our waiting room as well as reading materials.
- We have increased the time between appointments to decrease contact of clients.
- The front door will be locked until it is time for your appointment.
- You will be greeted at the door.
- All clients are expected to wash their hands upon entering the clinic for 20 seconds.
- Masks are not mandatory but are available on request. Karl will be changing his shirt for every client.
- As always, our linen is single-use only and we wash the laundry on a three hour sanitize cycle.
- Between clients, all surfaces that were touched will be disinfected.
- The massage table will be completely cleaned and sanitized prior to your arrival to allow the cleaning odor to dissipate.
- Unfortunately, we are not allowed to use the thermophore (heating pad) at this time.
We look forward to seeing and treating you.
- Created on .